Tuesday 10 January 2012

I Will Pay £1.00 For Your Story

That's right. But not here. Not now.

If you are reading this it is because you are intrigued. You're probably excited too. Intrigued that I will pay you one pound for your story, and excited because you have a story, right now, in your actual head, that you'd like to tell me in exchange for this princely sum.

Excellent.

But hold your horses.

There will come a day.
(Which day? Saturday January 14th 2012).
I will be in a place.
(Which place? London, South of the river).
I will be holding a sign.
(What will the sign say? I'm getting to that.)
The sign will say I WILL PAY £1.00 FOR YOUR STORY. ONE STORY PER PERSON / GROUP.

That is the signal you've been waiting for.
That is when you will know that the time is right.

I won't ask for any personal details other than your name, a year, and a location where your story happened. You can be as vague or as detailed as you like about these things.

This is an experiement. I have no hypothesis. I have no projected outcome.

But I have hope and a bag of shrapnel big enough for just fifteen stories, and a reasonably sound belief that I won't be robbed of either of those things. The people of South London have what I want, and they know what it is. Let them come and give it to me. They will be justly rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment